The objectives of both SCHRA and SBSHRM are to promote sound principles and standards of Human Resource management; to foster professional growth by providing opportunities for education, research, and exchange of knowledge; and to promote the value of the Human Resources profession in the community. As a group of Human Resources professionals and affiliate chapters of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), they are dedicated to:
- Providing leadership and support for the growth and development of their members
- Providing a forum for personal growth through interaction and resource exchange
- Providing opportunities for their members to network with other professionals
- Fostering the highest professional standards and ethics of their members
- Strengthening alliances with other HR organizations throughout the state & country and continuing to extend professional certification
Established over 40 years ago, both chapters represent a community of professionals seeking to raise the standards of performance in all phases of Human Resource management. They both host monthly professional development meetings and annual events featuring renowned local and national speakers. These speakers provide members with new and innovative approaches to all areas of Human Resource practices. Their professional development meetings and events provide members and guests with opportunities to network with other business professionals and share best practices.